access to QNX 6.3 RTOS device

Hi All,

Iḿ fairly new to the QNX OS but have about 10 years of linux/unix behind me to back me up ;-)

I have a old 2nd hand Logitech Harmony 1000 6.3 device to which i trying to gain access to. POrtscanning gave me some insight in in how teh zaurus interface is working but until now itÅ› a noentry for me.
Telnet FTP and some other ports are opened and i tried all the default passwords but no luck.

Is there a way to get debug entrance to the device so i can peek and poke around a little ?

Some help would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,

E

So I guess you have some information indicating that the device is running QNX. You are trying to access it via an ethernet interface. You don’t know the userid/password. Are you looking for some back door into QNX? I don’t think you will find one. Since you have physical access to the device, you could open it up and look for a hard disk type device.

In a short sence yes, I’m looking for a (back)way in.

The storage is a pre(NAND) device so hooking it up to something else would be a problem.

The only option that rest me (as far as i know) is trying a brute force on https, ftp, telnet and some other ports to see if i can force my way in.
What i would like to know is which users are available on QNX 6.3 and what (QNX specific) services are running on the ports taht i cannot identify.

KidE,

There might be no users available.

If I was making such a device and didn’t want anyone coming in I’d remove all user accounts. That would explain why telnet/ftp aren’t working.

So you are pretty much going to have to brute force your way unfortunately. Unless you can say what the device is and what it does and maybe it might be possible to guess what might be running.

Tim

There are two very remote possibilities that are QNX oriented.

1. The QNX network is running. To access it, you need another QNX system running the QNX network attached to the same local network.
    In that case you would see two names under /net

2. qcomm is running. To access through it you would either Linux or Windows. You would install the respective IDE and see if qcomm is there.

Both of these could be around for post development diagnostics by the developer. It’s unlikely because the developer would know that these would give direct access by another QNX user.