Problems with floppy disk

I´m triyng transfer files with floppy between two computers. I can get copy files from computerA to floppy disc. I´d check it with ls -lh. So, I go to computerB and try to read the files from the floppy with the same command but the files theren´t. What is the problem? Sorry my english!

Hard to understand yes.
Which version of QNX are you using?
What command do you use to do the copy?

Hi, Big Master!

I have used QNX 4.25 patch G. For copy the files i have used cp -vROp * /dev/fd0. But first, i always formmat the disk and use the command dinit.

[quote=“Joab”]
Hi, Big Master!

I have used QNX 4.25 patch G. For copy the files i have used cp -vROp * /dev/fd0. But first, i always formmat the disk and use the command dinit.

I don’t know what the O in -vROp does. Everything else looks good.
You have to wait until the floppy disk light goes out to make the cache is sent to the diskette.

If your floppy drives are out of alignment, then you can write on one, but not be able to read on the other.

Try other (new) diskette. Try to use “sync” command after copying onto diskette to empty all cache data before ejecting the diskette.

Try to use the same drive, I’ve seen issue with miss aligned head. The -O is only usefull if you copy via the network.

Hi, Maschoen,
Thanks i’ve changed the flopp and it´s ok!

Pilotek, thanks so much.