QNX 6.3.2 - Hardware Monitoring... in C language

:cry:
Hi to all, i’m an argentinian, i have a problem, i will need to make some program in C that can read values from motherboard as voltages, temperatures, etc. but i don’nt find information about this. I’m a rookie in this theme but i read various datasheet’s about SUPER IO sensors.
In my steel industry have PC’s advantech with Winbond Chips as W83627hf, but others i don’t know the motherboards. I read about LM SENSORS in LINUX, this application can will translate to QNX RTOS to See this values?.
Can you help me or support me about this problem?
The are some application to install in QNX that aloow see these information?.
Please really i need your help, can someone guide me in this problem?.
Thanks a lot, king regards.

From Argentina,
Emanuel Santiago.[/b]

I think you want to look up in8() and out8(). Your program will need to run as root and you also have to call ThreadCtl() to get I/O privileges.

maschoen, thanks a lot for your time. I 'll use the information of in8() and out8().
about LMSENSORS is possible translate these application From LINUX to QNX? is possible?. You know LMSENSORS? that is a very fully program to monitoring the hardware. I want some like this in QNX, is possible?.
You are a great person, thank for your answer, king regards.
PD: my english is not good but is a begin !! =)

I don’t know anything about LMSENSORS? Most likely the porting issue is reading and writing hardware I/O ports. That’s what in8() and out8() are for.

Mitchell

Michael, my problem is as follows:
I need to sensing temperature, voltages and fan RPM of the microprocessor.
In QNX there any tools available to capture those values ​​in the Super IO (Winbond’s / ITE’s / SMC chips)?
I have brand industrial computer “Advantech” (many), using Winbond chips but not others. :frowning:

PD:thank you very much for being answering my questions, I appreciate your personality.

The tool you need is in8(). You will also need specification on how to read temperature, voltages and fan RPM from the hardware using in8(). The details depend on which chips you are using.