Using the QNX4.25 2010 install suite, it is now possible to install the OS onto a USB drive.
Extra steps are needed:
- plug in a USB key
- ensure that the BIOS is set to boot from CD drive first, USB key second, HDD third.
- power on the system, and boot from the install CD.
- on startup of the install program, hit a key then hit F7 to “Use USB stack”.
- press spacebar to continue.
- after scanning for system hardware, select Add… (F5)
- from the first drop box, select Category = Disk Controllers
- from the second drop box, select Hardware Driver = USB mass storage device.
- OK, then F2 to continue
Then, on the “Choose a Target for the QNX Filesystem” display, choose the USB file system, and install QNX onto it. Installation proceeds as per normal. On completion, remove install CD and reboot.
Using a Transcend JV V33 (2 GB) thumb drive QNX starts up but does not get beyond:
“Press Esc for Alternate OS…”
Anyone else tried this?