intel motherboard ethernet not working...

Hi,

I’m trying to get onto my LAN on a QNX 632 host I’m setting up.
On install, it didn’t recognise the on-board ethernet and so I’ve googled around and set it thus:

io-net -d i82544 vid=0x8086,did=0x10bd -p tcpip -v #which matches my “pci -v” output
I set a static IP via ifconfig en0 192.168.160.45
it can ping itself but not other hosts on same lan (host is down), and other hosts can’t ping it (host is down)
I can start inetd, and netstat says that ftp etc. is open
however nicinfo’s output has a ->“Max receivable data unit … 0”<- which looks wrong?
also, nicinfo states I’m receiving packets but not transmitting

any ideas? anyone point me at a better driver? I’m new to this so I might have missed something obvious
TIA :slight_smile:
(sorry about being a little sparse on detail, I’m copying the info over from the QNX box to my laptop)

My guess would be that the driver (which is old) isn’t supporting your hardware.

thanks for the reply,
Q; how can you tell that’s an old driver? is there a naming convention? and what would the later driver be called?
cheers

Because you are using QNX 6.3.2, which is 4 years old.

If you check in qnx.com/developers/hardware_ … earch.html for support for device did=0x10bd you will see that the support was added in 6.4.1.

Looks like it’s a no go between your hardware and QNX 6.3.2

ok, I’m not married to this hardware, it was for testing only so I can get a PCI card (is there a recommended one I should aim for?),
thanks for the hw search link, that’s really useful, I didn’t know that it existed.

update: cheers for the help, I nipped out to Maplin and bought a new realtek card (vid:10ec/did:8139) that works fine :slight_smile:

Glad you found a solution.