I’m changing my project so that its constituent processes (daq and sim) are on separate hosts (rather than just the one).
To maintain comms:
I’ve started gns -s on host 1 and gns -c on host 2
In my daq code I changed this:
name_attach(NULL, strToDaqFromSim.c_str(), 0)) == NULL)
name_attach(NULL, strToDaqFromSim.c_str(), NAME_FLAG_ATTACH_GLOBAL)) == NULL)
then on host 2:
In my sim code I changed:
name_open(strToDaqFromSim.c_str(), 0)) == -1)
name_open(strToDaqFromSim.c_str(), NAME_FLAG_ATTACH_GLOBAL)) == -1)
I start daq on host1 (and pidin gives me this: 700455 1 ./daq 10r RECEIVE 1)
the strToDaqFromSim name appears under /dev/name/global as expected.
then I start sim on host2 (and pidin gives me: 1130536 1 ./sim 10r REPLY 700455@EA61677b)
but sim just hangs (on the name_open line) neither failing or passing, when I slay daq the sim then continues as expected (telling me that it can’t connect)
further to the above, qnet’s running but I’m testing with both hosts as VMs in VMWare.