Storyboard’s biggest advantage is that it is easy to use and reduces your time to market.
Storyboard was designed to be used by either an embedded engineer or a UI designer hiding much of complexity of working with graphics on embedded systems. Most embedded UI tools/frameworks require their users to have a strong coding background and deep knowledge of the system details in order to achieve good performance.
Storyboard allows the UI designers and graphic artists to stay in control of the UI all the way from prototype to deployment and keep the UI details separate from the system implementation details.
A quick list of key Storyboard features include :
- Import content directly from Photoshop
- Animation editor
- Scripting engine and debugger
- Team collaboration hooks to enable graphical compares and merges between versions
- Event driven (0% CPU usage when doing nothing)
- Performance logging and cache limits and controls
- Desktop simulator (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Hardware accelerated on target (OpenGL ES, OpenVG, AGTDK)
- Automated testing hooks for capture, playback and screen dump
- Tool exports a data model (no compiling)
- Plugin architecture allows for end users to extend functionality
- Native message API to communicate back and forth with other system tasks
You can check out a bunch of videos show the tool in action here
And also a full featured 30 day evaluation is available on our website.