booting problem at qnx based cnc machine os

hi all,

i m a junior engineer at pcb manucfactoring compony’s cnc departmant and i have started to work in this monday :mrgreen: so we have cnc mahchine posalux 6000 which has qnx based os cnc 3000 ver 1.5

problem is : after turning on the maching during the operating systems’s booting process we are getting this error message:

fat(0x9100) time out :20 sec subcode1=1 subcode2=0

its looks like a bad sector at hdd to me

any ideas??

Best Regards,

Mehmet

[quote=“mem86”]
hi all,

i m a junior engineer at pcb manucfactoring compony’s cnc departmant and i have started to work in this monday :mrgreen: so we have cnc mahchine posalux 6000 which has qnx based os cnc 3000 ver 1.5

VER 1.5 probably refers to the CNC manufacturer’s version. QNX version 1.5 is ancient, almost beyond belief, probably close to 28years old.

problem is : after turning on the maching during the operating systems’s booting process we are getting this error message:

fat(0x9100) time out :20 sec subcode1=1 subcode2=0

I have lots of experience with QNX systems, 2, 4 and 6. I’ve never seen a message like this. It could be something from the BIOS. What’s most suspicious is the letters FAT. This is highly suggestive of the DOS FAT file system. It is possible for a QNX system to read a FAT file system, but it is doubtful this would happen on startup.

Do you see any text before this message?

its looks like a bad sector at hdd to me

A reasonably good guess. If it is, do you have installation disks for the software?