Need help with Photon (looking for binaries)

Hoi Guys,

I am new to QNX and after some time I got QNX working on my Beagleboard-xm.
In the future I want to make a programm with graphics on a display which change depending on the informationinput.
After some research in the internet I read that working with Photon would be the easiest way for me.
My problem now is that I cannot find the binaries and libraries needed for running Photon on my BB-xM. What i know so far is that I have to add a directory structure to my bsp-package and change or expand my buildscript.
I also found a document from QNX where the needed libraries and binaries are listed, but no clue about the whereabouts of these.
I am using the bsp for the BB-xM for QNX 6.5.0 and the QNX SDP 6.5.0 (with the SDP1).

I now hope that some people here might be able to help me :slight_smile:
Bests,

Two things come into play here:

1. The Beagle-xM has got an “ARM v7” CPU, this CPU variant is fairly new to QNX. QNX distinguishes between “ARM”, which basically is ARM v4 (for ARM v6 they supply a special version of procnto), and ARM v7.

2. Photon as a graphics solution is about 20 years old, originally developed for QNX4, then ported and enhanced to QNX Neutrino 6.0 in 2000 (12 years ago), and since then it received only minor enhancement. Just recently, with the release of 6.5 Service Pack 1, QNX has announced that Photon will be deprecated.

These two factors are coming together: When introducing the ARM v7 CPU (1) variant, support for Photon for this CPU variant was intentionally not added because of (2).

I suggest you use Qt instead, it is, in a way, similar, yet more powerful.