import & compile linux application in QNX momentics

Hi
I want to monitor some applications with QNX, but these are linux application. the IDE can not build it, I think because of makefile.
anybody can help me to compile and run this application?
thanks

I’m not sure what you mean by monitoring a linux application with QNX.

Do you mean you want to compile linux code to run under QNX? If the IDE cannot build it, why? Are there compiler errors? Is something like an include file or library missing?

yes,I mean.
I want to run gzip. consider that I run QNX momentics on Win XP on WMware workstation, also QNX OS.
this app at first, needs to be configure. how i do it?

I don’t use Momentics much and I don’t know if it has gzip. I think that .zip files are usually used on Windows. However my ancient version of WinZip handles gzip’d files without blinking. Is that what you are asking? How can you unzip a gzipped file with Momentics?

You could always download the VMWare and the VM version of 6.5 and use it to do the unzipping that way.

gzip is not my problem. I mean a linux application.
I want to profile some applications and their threads with momentics.
I try to work with QNX OS , but when I want to “make” it, it stops because of errors,
while it doesn’t have error in the linux.

I have another question.
in linux we can install applications with “apt-get install …”, is anyway like this in QNX OS?

Can you cut/paste some of the errors here. It’s hard to help without seeing the exact errors you are getting.

Tim

P.S. QNX doesn’t install software in the way Linux does it. There is normally no need to install anything.

we are trying to measure some application, it’s not matter what application, just trying to measure CPU time, memory and so on…
using neutrino it’s good way to measure, we run a program on neutrino and run qconn and on the other side using momentics we can measure it, we have problems for installing every programs, for example when tried to install gzip it give this error, every program give some error, like library error and on and on…
I say it again, it’s not matter what program, just offer me some program that i can run or install on neutrino

error of installing gzip

CC       printf.o
  CC       printf-args.o
  CC       printf-parse.o
  CC       strerror.o
  CC       strerror-override.o
strerror-override.c:35: error: expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant
make[3]: *** [strerror-override.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gzip-1.5/lib'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gzip-1.5/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gzip-1.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2

This really reminds me of the famous tech call where the computer owner doesn’t understand why their computer isn’t working during a power outage.

Why are you trying to compile a program that comes with QNX already compiled, if you don’t know how to handle minor compiler errors? If you are trying to prove that there is code that compiles on Linux but not on QNX, you can stop right now. There’s plenty of such code that won’t compile for plenty of reasons.

tnx alot for ur example…
we are not bug tracer or like that and dont want to hack QNX, we are working on software optimization, searching alot we found QNX a good way for measuring software and codes, if there is another way for measuring a software i’ll be so glad to know…
you definitely know that for optimization i’t needed to first measure something… so we gone to QNX project…
first we write our codes on Momentics and measured it and optimized it, but on measuring applications we faced problems, is there any way to import all of an application on momentics??? we dont find this way… so we gone to use directly Neutrino and run our applications on it so we can measure and optimize…, but there was problems too…

it’s not matter of application “gzip”

our project title is “Optimizing some open source application” so we need to compile, but this minor compiler errors is due to differences of Neutrino and other linux kernels, so please show me some application that is compatible with Neutrino and I can work on optimization of it,

tnx alot

If this is what you are trying to do, and you don’t know how to handle minor compiler errors, I doubt that there is anything we can do for you here.