Please help. We are considering migration of our own SCADA system (QNX 4.25) for QNX 6.5.0.
So - we need:
- at least one development (self-hosted) system with Photon (c-compiler, editor, debugger, PhAB),
- our targets will always be x86 (PC running QNX6 Runtime),
- time enough for making the whole conversion (30-days is not enough).
We need no Embedded/Cellphone/Car Development/Runtime functionality, no IDE for other host platforms, no BSPs for other target platforms.
But we need support for today’s common PC HW (Ethernet, Graphics, CD/DVD reading/writing, USB-sticks, USB-keyboard, USB-mouse, playing sounds through sound-card, later maybe Internet, E-mail). This is a pain with QNX 4.25…
I found the “LicenseGuide v 2 14 June13-12.pdf” document on the QNX website, but it is terrible complicated to me - even for preparing good questions for our nearest QNX “dealer”.
Could you, please, give me first base orientation on QNX 6.5.0 Development/Runtime Licensing? I know of 30-day evaluation QNX 6.5.0 Momentics SDP.
- Which functionality of 30-day Evaluation is limited - what things will remain working after these 30-days?
- What does it mean:
- perpetual license,
- subscription license,
- floating perpetual license,
- floating subscription license,
are there some time-based (e.g. every year) fees that the licensed developer MUST pay (not optional - e.g. support) to have functional self-hosted non-IDE development?
- Which exact items (components, parts) we need at least to buy for:
- Development PC (QNX6)
- Runtime PC with our SCADA application (QNX6, Photon microGUI, TCP/IP)?
- Are there somewhere any guide prices (not exact, only to consider various variants of licensing) for one Development, one Runtime?
I’d like to know some facts (of experienced people) and only then ask local QNX “dealer” next questions.