QNX 6.2.1 installation troubles

Hello everybody!
I’m totally new at these things so I’ll be as clear as possible. One day I decided to try something new and I chose QNX. I downloaded CD image, burnt it. OS from CD works just fine, but I need to have it inside my hard drive. I created a new (FAT32, Primary, 2 Gb, disk H:)partition with Partition Magic 8.0 and I also found a website ( psy.swan.ac.uk/staff/Carter/QNX/QNXInstall.htm ) which helps during the installation. Well, at the beginning everything is working OK, but when it comes to step 18, when files have to be copied, I get this:

Restarting driver and mounting filesystems…
Executing devb-eide blk auto=partition eide nobmstr fullscan
Path=0 - Generic IDE
target=0 lun=0 Direct-Access(0)- ST340016A Rev: .391
Path=1 - Generic IDE
target=0 lun=0 CD-ROM(5)-_NEC CD-RW NR-9300A Rev: 2.11
target=1 lun=0 CD-ROM(5)-SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-152L Rev: C100
Unable to mount /cd//boot/fs/qnxbase.qfs as /qnxbase

Partition installation aborted!
Please remove the install floppy and CD, then reboot your machine.

As you understand, that’s the end of the installation. That’s why I’m looking for help here. By the way, I have Windows XP on my C:\ drive. If you need any technical information, just say a word cause I’m green in here.

Thanks for everyone, who read everything. :smiley:

I suspect it is getting confused by your multiple cd’s. As a fairly easy test, pull one of them (the slave) and try again. There isn’t really any issues with multiple drives when everything is installed, it just appears the installer is failing to find what it needs from the cd.

Thanks rick, that really helped. Now I have QNX on my PC installed. At last…

Hi Marselis
That site you show an address for does not seem to exist.
Is there a correction for the address you can provide.
Just trying to install 6.2.1 and having problems.
Thanks,
T

This one works to me:
psy.swan.ac.uk/staff/Carter/QNX/

That works!!!
Thanks!
TFidler