"Expect" Unix automation and testing tool for QNX

Expect is a Unix automation and testing tool, written by Don Libes as an extension to the Tcl scripting language, for interactive applications such as telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin, tip, ssh, and others.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expect#Examples

I need to change the passwords of our PPC QNX targets running QNX 6.4.1 on a daily basis. I read that this can be done using “Expect” tool on unix. I would like to know if similar tool is available for QNX.
Any information about the the tool is appreciated.

Thanks,
Cheetah

You’re unlikely to get a specific answer here unless someone listening just happens to have used Expect.

What I can tell you is that tcl works on QNX and most similar utilities port with little or no effort, so you might want to try with Expect.

Hi Maschoen,
After some exploration I found that TCL and Expect binaries are availble at below links.
ftp://ftp.ee.freebsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/cur … EADME.html
ftp://ftp.ee.freebsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/cur … EADME.html
But, these are the binaries for i386. My target board is PPC MPC5200B.

1. Could you please share the link where I can get TCL source/project for QNX. May be I need to compile the code for ppc.

2. I was able to get the unix source code for TCL and Expect from their homepages and through sourceforge.net. Can I use QNX Momentics to compile the code for ppc or would you recommand to go with command line?

Thanks!

Cheetah,

You can use Momentic’s. In the project, just specify the target as PPC.

It’s probably easier to do it there than command line.

Tim