After my first post and the response I got , I became quite enthusiastic and want to try something new.
I’ve got a Nissan GT-R car which is running the QNX OS and a GUI developed by Polyphony Digital (makers of Gran Turismo).
Because of the current limitation I’ve got another video-input on the system and i’ve plugged in an Android box. This is not nice and optimum, I need to press start on the device to start it up, it’s not shutdown properly and this gives issues on the long term. I’m constantly switching between system.
What I want:
- Install VLC on the QNX OS
- Set videos on the HD or on the CF Card
- Somehow the system is limited to display/play 512 songs, I’m not sure where this limitation comes from so try to remove this limitation
- Probably will buy a IDE to MicroSD converter so I can easily swap/change contents on it
- I’m willing to pay a bit. I’ve already spend a lot of money on the Android systems + several keyboards & other options which didn’t work out.
I’m based in The Netherlands, if someone wants to meet locally to discuss this then I’d appreciate it.
Questions I don’t have the answers of yet:
- Where is the OS installed? I’m not sure, I can boot the system without the HDD and it still works. So the OS is located somewhere in the Car, I’d need to find out where.