libpcap is not working on QNX 6.5

Hi,
I am working on QNX 6.5 for TCP/IP related application s/w using libpcap library.The same code is working perfectly on QNX 6.4, but in QNX 6.5 whenever I am running my application it is removing the network driver.So I need to type the following command :io-pkt-v4-hc -d e1000 -ptcpip and ifconfig wm0 ip address to start the driver once again.
Can anybody please tell me why it is behaving like this and how to resolve this problem?

<quote?
I’ve never run into libpcap before so I googled it. Apparently it is a library.

How is it that you think a library is causing a network driver to be removed?

Upon a closer look at your statement, it seems that it is not removing the driver, it’s crashing io-pkt, right?
Well the obvious answer is, there’s a bug somewhere. I wrote a network driver recently, and I was surprised that the io-pkt interface was a quite fragile. For efficiency, instead of a message passing interface that would insulate io-pkt, driver code is loaded and run in the io-pkt context. I think the same thing happens with libpcap code, which is a filter. I recall that the filter mechanism is called from the driver itself, not io-pkt, so it could be that the particular driver you are using has a bug. If possible, I would try it with a different driver/hardware combination to check. You might also try to get a crash dump to see if it is in the libpcap code that the crash occurs.

One reality check you could perform is to use the 6.4 io-pkt and driver under 6.5 to see if the results are different. If they are the same, it suggests something outside of io-pkt and the driver. I’d also check the release notes for 6.5 to see if they mention any changes.