Install NPort machine for QNX6.5

Hi! I install NPort ttyd driver for QNX first time. but I get the follow information.
Who has use this type of machine and can support?

Thanks

I haven’t used the Moxa Nport device, but I wrote a driver for a similar BlackBox device. The information seems straight forward. You compile the code using “make qnx6” or “make qnx4” and you run the resulting driver. It should create /dev/ser# or maybe /dev/moxa# devices that function like serial ports. The interface between your computer and the device is Ethernet but the device has serial ports.

I should point out that such devices have slightly different characteristics than an built in RS232 port. There is a throughput vs. response time compromise. The device would be very inefficient if every byte was transported to the device over a separate ethernet packet. So when data is being written the driver had to decide when to flush out the data. Typically this is done with a timeout introducing a short delay. A native device does not have this problem. Differences are usually only noticeable during an interaction in which single bytes are transferred, eg. an ACK/NAK protocol.

So what is your question?

Hi, maschoen ! Thanks for your support. This machine support RFC2217 protocol. If I will fix this protocol for the machine. Do you have a idea for me? or share some references for me.

Hi, maschoen ! Thanks for your support. This machine support RFC2217 protocol. If I will fix this protocol for the machine. Do you have a idea for me? or share some references for me.

Hi! Maschoen, this device support RFC2217 protocol. If I want use it for this device. Do you have a idea for me? Or you have some information for me. Thanks

I don’t understand what you are asking for. Have you tried compiling the code? If so, are you having a problem running it?

When I wrote the Black Box driver a number of years ago, I had technical specs on how to talk to the box. I built a QNX serial driver that used TCP/IP to communicate through the device. I’m guessing that RFC2217 is just a standardized way of doing this now. I don’t know if the Black Box interface followed this protocol or not.

I think what you want is to see a /dev/nport# device in QNX that you can open and treat like a serial port, and I think the code you provided should do that. I don’t think I have anything else I can help with just on this board.

I can set the device to RFC2217 mode and communication by “serial port Redirector” on windows. Now I want to use this RFC2217 protocol for this device.