Install QNX6.3.2 Neutrino RTOS on UEFI Machine - no way ?

Hi,

Question 1 :
is it possible to install QNX 6.3.2 Neutrino RTOS on a new generation motherboard (with a UEFI BIOS and without CSM option).

CSM : Compatibility Support Module

Question 2 :
is it possible to boot QNX on a node having a new generation motherboard (UEFI BIOS without CSM option) and no hard disk through network from a supervisor having QNX 6.3.2 Neutrino RTOS running on an old motherboard (legacy Bios and IDE hard disk) ?

Thank you

I suspect you won’t be able to boot 6.3.2 unless you have CSM enabled. From what I understand CSM will use the MBR and UEFI will not.

I have also heard that some recent motherboards with UEFI don’t have a CSM for you to use at all.

I have a 6.3.2 disk here as well as a spare x86_64 machine that has UEFI and I think CSM. I might be able to have a play tomorrow.

QNX 6.3.2 is a very old version but I can understand why you might want to keep it. Especially if you use Photon. I had to stop at 6.5.0 SP1 as I require Photon and Photon ceased at 6.5.0. Although I also have 7.04, it’s a sort of love-hate relationship that I have with it…

Geoff.

I have a customer using QNX 6.5 that had this problem. If you can upgrade to 6.5 an want to know about the solution, let me know and I will ask.

Hi All,
I am facing the same issue “UEFI without Legacy-boot support is not booting QNX-UEFI image”.
I am trying with QNX7.1.
The same image is booting fine with older version of X86 platforms which have BIOS with UEFI-boot and Legacy-boot support.

Can anyone please explain why it does not boot and what is fix…