XVNC server availability for QNX 6.6

Hi,

Is XVNC server or any other open source VNC(Virtual Network Computing) server available for QNX 6.6, I have seen XVNC server(3.3.7) and client is available for QNX 6.4 but not for QNX 6.6.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nagaraj

I highly doubt there is a client for QNX 6.6 because Photon (the QNX GUI) was last available under QNX 6.5.

QNX 6.6 and later uses QT for graphics. Are you using QT for your graphical solution under QNX 6.6? There are open source VNC QT clients for Linux and those could probably be ported to QNX.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.

We are not using Qt for graphics, instead we are using customer proprietary tool. What we are trying to achieve is that, our GUI application on top of QNX 6.6 will be running on the embedded device, by installing the VNC server for QNX on this device, we will be replicating and controlling the currently displayed GUI of the device from our Remote Windows PC which is running the VNC client.

Thanks
Nagaraj

I don’t see how this is even possible. You want to mirror your QNX display on remote Windows/Linux etc computers. That means VNC Server has to know how to get the graphics information (resolution, what’s displayed in every pixel etc) from your custom package so it can send that back to the client on Windows/Linux etc. You will have to write custom code for that since VNC Server knows nothing about how to interface to your custom graphics package. I suspect that’s going to be a huge amount of work and understanding of how VNC Server works.

That’s why I asked if you were using QT or XWindows or some other well known graphics package that VNC does have support for. In that case you would at least have a chance to compile the Linux code under QNX and get it working fairly easily.

Tim