Read-only Filesystem on QNX

Hello,

I intend to run QNX 7.0 on a x86_64 target. I’ve created a bootable image using a suitable BSP and put it on a USB memory. so that the target is booting from the USB memory.
Now I’m facing the problem that the QNX filesystem on my USB memory is read-only. So, I can’t add or modify any scripts. Are there any solutions for this problem? Do I need to transfer the QNX image to the internal SSD of the target to have write access?

Thanks in advance!

Kamrian

Kamrian,

This is normal (read-only). That’s because the image that you are booting from is a compressed archive that can’t be modified.

If you want to add or modify scripts then you will have to create a new boot image that contains your new/modified scripts and transfer it to your USB drive (over writing the one that’s there now).

The usual reason for creating a USB image is to boot QNX 7 in order to format the internal SSD with a QNX 7 file system and then copy all the QNX files to the SSD so that the SSD can boot QNX (and have a writable file system). Is this what you are wanting to do?

Tim

Hello Tim,
thanks for your reply.

That’s exactly what I originally wanted to do. The reason why I didn’t do this is that the SSD isn’t not detected by QNX.
The SSD is connected to my target via SATA M2 interface and has the filesystem ext4.
“devb-eide &” replies “No eide Interfaces found”
And “devb-ahci &” replies “ahci SIM attach failure”

Do you have any idea how I could do to detect the SSD by QNX?

Thanks in advance

Kamiran

devb-eide is only for IDE drives. You would only use it if your BIOS has a ‘legacy ide emulation’ mode available (fewer and fewer do now).

This post suggests setting the number of ports when starting devb-ahci
community.qnx.com/sf/discussion … post113764

If that doesn’t work, add the ‘pci’ command to your boot image and post what it finds.

Tim

P.S. Presumably you are not running RAID mode and have RAID mode turned off (if it’s supported). I doubt you do but just wanted to make sure.

If you want to a writable file system, a new file file system instead of IFS is needed, like qnx6, mount it on a path you want.