Project QOpenCD !

Do you really want PublicCD 6.2.1 replacement for the QNX 6.3.0 ?

• Yes
  • No
  • Doesn’t matter

0 voters

This monday QOR Team started QOpenCD Project ! Our goal - to create the PublicCD (which right now almost dead) replacement for the QNX 6.3.0. Already available some packages to test, a much more to come :slight_smile:

Landy:
andy.qnx.org.ru/packages/Perl5.8 … .3_x86.qpr

Lestat:
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/aut … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/aut … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/get … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/gli … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/ico … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/lib … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/m4- … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/pkg … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/tex … public.qpr (20.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/bdb … public.qpr (21.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/gdb … public.qpr (21.12.2004)
mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/qprs/gro … public.qpr (21.12.2004)

Please track all the changes at QOR forum’s topic, which is located here:
qnx.org.ru/viewthread9n3312.html

I future I’m planning to create the mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd page for all QOpenCD news.

what exactly does this piece of software do? sorry for the ignorance

:slight_smile: If you don’t know why it needed for, so you definitely doesn’t need it :slight_smile:

It’s a auto* tools with all environment needed to build almost all GNU/BSD projects under QNX6.

oh cool, rather usefull to

I need anyone’s comment about path to which all packages will be installed. Let it be /opt or change it to /usr ?

Why I am asking about that ? gcc/g++ in QNX 6.3.0 have no default pathes nor to the /usr/include, nor to the /opt/include, this cause some problems with compilation. But most projects contains -I/usr/include by default. Links to the /usr from /opt sometimes not created, due to bugs in packager utility. The same story with /usr/lib vs. /opt/lib. So what is better keep 3rd party packages in the /opt or change to the /usr ? Packager bugs I have described in the qnx.development_tools newsgroup.

Now I want to ask which packages you want to be added to the QOpenCD. Here the list of almost ready packages, in addition to packages, listed above:

a2ps-4.13b.tar.gz
alsa-utils-0.5.9b.tar.bz2
automake-1.9.3.tar.gz (update for the already packaged 1.9.2)
bash-3.0.tar.gz
bc-1.06.tar.gz
bison-1.875.tar.gz
bzip2-1.0.2.tar.gz
coreutils-5.2.1.tar.gz
cpio-2.5.tar.gz
curl-7.12.2.tar.gz
doschk-1.1.tar.gz
e2fsprogs-1.35.tar.gz
ed-0.2.tar.gz (QNX’s built-in ed too old and some packages can’t be builded with QNX’s ed)
fileutils-4.1.tar.gz
findutils-4.1.20.tar.gz
flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz
fontutils-0.7.tar.gz
freetype-1.3.1.tar.gz
freetype-2.1.9.tar.bz2
ft2demos-2.1.9.tar.bz2
ftdocs-2.1.9.tar.bz2
gawk-3.1.4.tar.gz
gawk-3.1.4-doc.tar.gz
glib-2.4.8.tar.gz
gperf-3.0.1.tar.gz
grep-2.5.tar.gz
gzip-1.2.4.tar
id3lib-3.8.3.tar.gz
indent_2.2.9.tar.gz
inetutils-1.4.2.tar.gz
intltool-0.32.tar.gz
less-382.tar.gz
libao-0.8.5.tar.gz
libelf-0.8.5.tar.gz
libogg-1.1.2.tar.gz
libogg-1.1.tar.gz
libpng-1.2.8.tar.gz
libtool-1.5.10.tar.gz
libungif-4.1.1.tar.gz
libvorbis-1.0.1.tar.gz
libvorbis-1.1.0.tar.gz
lynx2.8.5.tar.gz
make-3.80.tar.gz
man-1.5o1.tar.gz
mc-4.6.1.tar.gz (with all QNX patches included)
mpg123-0.59r.tar.gz or mpg123-pre0.59s.tar.gz
mpg321-0.2.10.tar.gz
nasm-0.98.38.tar.gz
nasm-0.98.38-xdoc.tar.gz
ndbm-bsd-5.1.m1.tar.gz
patch-2.5.4.tar.gz
pdksh-5.2.14.tar.gz
pinfo-0.6.8.tar.gz
psutils-p17.tar.gz
qdbm-1.8.18.tar.gz
recode-3.6.tar.gz
rsync-2.6.3.tar.gz
sed-4.1.2.tar.gz
sox-12.17.4.tar.gz
tiff-3.7.0.zip
vorbis-tools-1.0.1.tar.gz
wget-1.9.tar.gz
zlib-1.2.2.tar.gz
zsh-4.2.0.tar.gz

What packages need to be added to this list ? Any comments are welcome !!! :slight_smile:

1. /opt or /usr: I would suggest /usr, though cdm may disagree. Some old discussions are here, when XFree86 4.3 was released.

2. more packages:
    i) grub: binary is here, QNX patched source is here
    ii) XFree86/XPhoton and some X apps.

Mike, I “ported” IPFilter to 6.3. Will make a package from it soon (have to learn that first :slight_smile:

Greets,
André

Where did you get zlib v1.2.2? Here is v1.2.1 still.

Some cool packages would be any kind of movie player stuff, be it codecs for the QNX media player, or a nice version of VLC, Mplayer etc with support for as many formats as possible.

I know at least 3 official places of zlib :slight_smile: one of them contain 1.2.2 :slight_smile:

sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/
libpng.org
zlib.net/

A simple webpage mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd is done. I’m redo all my already ported packages to the /usr (was in /opt). And I decided still using the qpr format and QNX Installer … at least for 6.3. Because right now we have no a good packager/etc replacements.

When packages are placed in /usr most problems are gone, except one - no default path in gcc/g++ to the /usr/include and /usr/lib. But I think it’s not a problem at all :slight_smile:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib" ./configure - and all works ! :slight_smile:

Pathes to the /usr have everything except the GCC.

Maybe better to use X.org instead of dead Xfree86 ?

Ping? Any news on the packages that was “near ready”?

Perl is still installed in /opt btw.

Definitely.
I downloaded it a few months ago but never got time to build it.

Since X.org is a fork from an old XFree86 4.x where QNX 4 and 6 were supported, you should be able to build it with minimal changes…
I sent my XFree86 4.x QNX 6 build notes to dmi a while ago, so maybe he can do it?

Yes, I know, and all packages on the page too, because they are old :slight_smile: I’m planning to upload fixed packages and a couple of new this weekend.

P.S. My wife writting shes Ph.D. thesis at home so we using home computer by turns :slight_smile:

Based on what timeslice? IF you paid for it your should have higher priority unless of course you are willingly giving up PC time by going to sleep or are waiting for somebody’s reply.

By days.

It would be nice, but … at this time I am only spending my money to this project, with zero income :slight_smile: btw, I have my main work, so 12 hours per days I am busy with it. So please be patient :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the project page, added new packages, almost all packages have the fixes: mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/

Nice work! :=)

QOpenCD now contain 90 ! packages, more to come.

QOR will be moved soon, maybe this friday. It will be in down few days, so please download what you want today :slight_smile: