Launch ARM raspberry 4 BSP in QEMU

Hello,
I’m trying to launch the QNX BSP Raspberry Pi BCM2711 R-PI4 in QEMU (qemu-system-aarch64).
My setup is QNX SDP 7.1 on Linux Ubuntu 20.04.

I downloaded the QNX SDP 7.1 BSP for Raspberry Pi BCM2711 R-PI4 package from the QNX SoftwareCenter build for cortex-a72 processor where QEMU recently added support for the raspberry 4.
I build the bsp from command line, but unfortunately I’m having a hard time figuring out how to get it to run on QEMU. Does anyone have an idea ?

regards

Are you trying to boot the X86 version of this BSP? QNX doesn’t seem to support non-X86 in QEMU as I mentioned to you before here.

Tim

Hi Tim,
No, it’s the arm 64 bit version I try to boot.
Yes I remember your answer to my post.
I thought with a BSP available for arm it could have been a different story, mainly because of this post so I thought maybe there is a chance someone here could have found a way around.
regards

Interesting.

I’d check out that GitHub project and see if you can replicate what they did (get it to boot). It appears they managed it by jumping directly to the correct address in memory (go 0x40200000). I wonder how they obtained that address. It would be super helpful if there was a way to contact whomever did this to ask about that address.

You’ll also note they didn’t get networking and several other things working. Not sure if that’s because it’s ARM based or whether there isn’t QEMU emulation for the specific hardware in that board.

Tim